Thank you for your interest in attending the WNY Service-Learning Coalition’s symposium.
This half-day symposium is open to community engagement professionals from across western New York and beyond, including:
- College/university faculty;
- Undergraduate and graduate students;
- Nonprofit and community organization administrators and staff;
- College/university administrators and professional staff
Registration is processed through Eventbrite and requires payment at time of registration. If you need to pay by invoice please contact Rachel Wozniak, Director of the WNY Service-Learning Coalition.
- Non-Profit Community Partner Registration = $15
- Undergraduate/Graduate Student Registration = $15
- Member Institution Registration = $25
- Member Institutions include faculty/staff/administrators from Buffalo State College, Canisius College, Daemen College, Erie Community College, Hilbert College, Medaille College, Niagara University, and Trocaire College
- Non-Member Institution Registration = $35
Keynote Speaker: Marisol Morales
Marisol Morales serves as the Vice President for Network Leadership for Campus Compact, based out of Chicago, Illinois. In this role Morales provides guidance, inspiration, and practical support to network staff across the country, helping state and regional directors achieve local goals while advancing shared network priorities. She leads Campus Compact’s efforts to increase inclusion, equity, and diversity internally and in higher education community engagement. Morales is also the co-host of the bi-weekly Campus Compact podcast, Compact Nation. Prior to joining Campus Compact, Morales was the founding Director of the Office of Civic and Community Engagement at the University of La Verne from 2013-2018 and the Associate Director of the Steans Center for Community-based Service Learning and Community Service Studies at DePaul University from 2005-2013. Marisol holds a BA in Latin American/Latino Studies and a MS/MS in International Public Service Management both from DePaul University. She is currently pursuing her Ed. D in Organizational Leadership at the University of La Verne. Her dissertation is focused on the community engagement experiences of students of color at Minority Serving Institutions.
8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.: Registration and Light Breakfast
8:30 a.m. – 9:10 a.m.: Welcome & Keynote Speaker
9:20 a.m. – 10:15 a.m.: Breakout Session #1
10:25 a.m. – 12:20 p.m.: Plenary Workshop with Marisol Morales
12:30 p.m. – 1:25 p.m.: Lunch & Learn Breakout Session #2
1:30 p.m.: Coffee & Cookie Bar, Grab & Go or Stay & Network
Stay tuned for more information.